We work collaboratively with other agencies to ensure effective regulation of the Bar in the public interest.
Memoranda of Understanding
We have formalised our relationship with many other organisations by signing Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs). In the interests of transparency, you can download our current MOUs by using the links below.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Bar Standards Board and Solicitors Regulation Authority - October 2015
- Memorandum of Understanding made between the Legal Aid Agency and the Bar Standards Board - August 2016
- Operational Protocol for the Sharing and Disclosure of Information between the BSB and the SRA- February 2016
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Bar Standards Board and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs - July 2018
- Framework Memorandum of Understanding between the Bar Standards board and other approved regulators of legal services - June 2017 (rev March 2019)
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Bar Standards Board and the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund - April 2019
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Bar Standards Board and the Inns of Court - April 2019 (see also Schedule one, Schedule two, Schedule three, Schedule four, Data Sharing Protocol Side Letter September 2020 and MoU Side Letter September 2020)
Data Sharing Agreements
As detailed at Section 9 of our Privacy Statement (Sharing your information - Regulators and other legal obligations), and in accordance with the Information Commissioner’s statutory data sharing code of practice prepared under section 121 of the Data Protection Act 2018, we also have Data Sharing Agreements (DSAs) in place with the following organisations:
- The Judicial Appointments Commission
- Queens Counsel Appointments
We are not publishing these because they contain technical details about data formats and/or security measures which it is not appropriate to place in the public domain.