If you are looking for waivers and exemptions relating to training and qualifying as a barrister, visit our barrister training: waivers and exemptions page.
- Please email your application form and supporting documents to email@example.com. If you are unable to submit your application by email, please contact us for further guidance.
- You must provide all necessary supporting evidence in support of an application, as listed in the application guidelines. We may request further information or documents if needed in order to process your application. Please respond to any request for further information or documents within two weeks.
- An application will normally be processed within six to eight weeks once it is complete (ie all required evidence and fees are received). Our Service Update page includes the latest guidance on our application processing times.
- Requests for review by the Independent Decision-making Body will normally be processed within 10 weeks.
If you would like to speak to a member of the Authorisations Team, we are available between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm in the morning and between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm in the afternoon (Monday to Friday). Please call 020 7611 1444 and you will be connected to a member of the team. If you are unable to call during these hours, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will respond in writing as soon as we are able.
Our Policy on Application Fee Payments, Waivers and Refunds includes guidance on:
- making application fee payments by bank transfer (BACS) or credit/debit card
- fee waivers
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) extensions and waivers
Information on waivers and extensions for those on the New Practitioner Programme can be found on our CPD extensions and waivers page. Please note that we no longer issue exemptions and waivers to those on the Established Practitioner Programme. For more information about CPD, see our pages on CPD.
Qualified Person applications
Applications relating to Qualified Person requirements can be found on our Qualified Person requirement application page. For more information about the Qualified Person requirement, visit our page on the Qualified Person requirement.