Designing and delivering our Equality and Diversity Strategy for 2020 – 2022
We will publish our Equality and Diversity Strategy for 2020 to 2022, in April 2020, after presenting it to our Board in March. This will align with our normal business planning.
In the meantime, we will continue to engage key stakeholders in the development of our next Equality and Diversity Strategy and further the implementation of our equality objectives for 2017 to 2019, through the following activities:
- Designing our “Discrimination and Harassment at the Bar” research project, to explore barristers’ individual perspectives on and experiences of discrimination and harassment at the Bar, and to increase our evidence base to inform strategies to reduce discrimination;
- Building on our 2017 report, “Exploring Differential Attainment at BPTC and Pupillage” by continuing to research how vocational training providers’ equality and diversity policies can have a positive impact on student experience.
- Working with our Race Equality Taskforce to publish best practice case studies about how to achieve better outcomes for race equality at the Bar.
- Continuing to deliver our “Addressing Bullying and Harassment at the Bar” project, which includes our Pilot Harassment Support Scheme and an assessment of the impact of the duty to report on the reporting of harassment.
- Embedding best equality and diversity practice across all our departments, including the delivery of anti-discriminatory practice training, embedding equality impact assessments, and developing our equality and access to justice officers’ network .
A full update on our equality objectives for 2017 to 2019 will also be published in April 2020.
Equality and Strategy for 2017-19
The Equality and Strategy document includes our Equality Objectives and an update on our previous Equality Strategy. It explains how we meet our equality duties and strive for best equality and diversity practice, as a regulator and as an employer.DOWNLOAD OUR EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY STRATEGY 2017-19
You can also download our Equality and Diversity Objectives for 2017-19, which we are required to publish under the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties Regulations).DOWNLOAD OUR EQUALITY OBJECTIVES FOR 2017-19