From time to time, we run a range of events. In this section, you can find out more about our forthcoming events including details as to how to register to attend them. We also attend events run by others.
This Westminster Legal Policy Forum conference will be a timely opportunity to discuss the recommendations from the final report of the Independent Review of Legal Services Regulation, expected to be published this summer.
Our Director of Strategy and Policy Ewen MacLeod is speaking at this event.
The leader of the review Professor Stephen Mayson, Centre for Ethics & Law, UCL is a keynote speaker at this conference.
Key areas for discussion include:
- the regulatory framework - its future and the respective roles of the different regulators and how they interrelate,
- consumers - protection, and improving their experience and engagement with legal services,
- legal technology - challenges for the sector in adoption, and issues that its use raises for regulation, and
- the legal market - impact of the entry of professional services firms, competition, and the future of reserved activities.
- The Independent Review of Legal Services Regulation - key findings and the next steps for implementation;
- Regulating legal services - market structures, transparency, and the future roles of regulators;
- Consumer protection, managing unmet legal need and simplifying redress;
- Regulating legal services and how the Scottish model works in practice;
- The expansion of legal service provision - technology adoption and innovation in the market; and
- The next steps for legal services policy development.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online. Book your place on the Westminster Policy Forum website and view the agenda.